1) Lift weights daily 30 to 60 minutes. Perform training sessions as total body or body part split with negligible differences in fat mass loss. Your ideal rep range is 12-20 reps with no more than 90 seconds rest between sets. Consider performing circuits. Circuits are an outstanding way to train for general fitness and fat loss.
2) Sleep 6 to 8 hours.
3) Drink lots of water! Start with approximately 1 gallon spread throughout the day.
4) Food Exchange priority over counting calories.
– Eliminate processed foods & refined carbs. (No sugar, no alcohol, no pasta, and no breads)
– Replace most carbs with high fiber nutrient dense vegetables.
– Lean Protein with every meal. (Meat, eggs, and low-fat dairy)
– Add Essential Fats! Add Omega 3 fatty acids from fish oil and/or Krill Oil. (No fried or baked foods.)
5) Add short High Intensity Interval Training sessions to your weekly training. Mix in 3 to 6 HIIT workouts. These can rage from as little as 8 minutes to 20 minutes. Longer sessions should be for lower intensity. These short HIIT sessions can be worked into your lifting sessions.
If you would like help with your training and nutrition let me know how I can help.